Why International General Curriculum of Secondary Education Curriculum (IGCSE-UK)?
IGCSE-UK Education is strategically being popularized more and more among the parents nowadays across the world. The world wide approval and recognition that IGCSE Education has got has made its reliability in its quality possible behind most of the people are following this foreign curriculum. This treatise will facilitate the parents to understand more about IGCSE-UK education, its concept as well as significance for students.
Importance of IGCSE-UK Education for kids:
The various curriculum patterns emerging every single day puts most of the people under bewilderment and pressure to opt a curriculum in day today life to educate their child to reach better bright future. As many parents preferring the same old, conventional board hoping that it would suit them and their kids; only few go out and explore what is the best or beneficial for their kid and his future which would wider their knowledge and enrich their education with regard to understanding of what they learn. Other than Secondary School Certificate (SSC) which continued to dominate education for quite some time, sprouted ICSE (Indian Certificate of Secondary Education) and CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education). But now has become much popular among parents nowadays the IGCSE-UK pattern
IGCSE-UK courses are renowned for developing vital educational skills, including
- 1. Recall of knowledge,
- 2. Oral skills, problem solving,
- 3. Initiative team work and
- 4. Investigative skills.
Advantages of IGCSE-UK: A pattern that is must for a child
The IGCSE-UK pattern is more practical and application-based.
- 1. As it is completely understanding – oriented programme, it has a broader spectrum of subjects that would lead to all-round development of the each and every individual student.
- 2. IGCSE-UK assessments examine only the students’ knowledge, not their memory and speed.
- 3. The IGCSE pedagogy focuses on ‘how to learn’ rather than ‘what to learn’.
- 4. Learning through this curriculum will endorse students a long term everlasting memory capability.
- 5. It has worldwide acceptance and status.
- 6. It benefits students who have recently shifted to India from countries like US or UK.
- 7. It has a balanced education full of international standards.
- 8. It has been recognized by most of the educational institutions all over the world.
- 9. Students following the IGCSE-UK pattern can always compete and appear for competitive examinations conducted by colleges affiliated to all premier universities not only in India but universities situated world over.
The purpose of IGCSE-UK:
The purpose of IGCSE-UK is to
- 1. Produce qualified global citizens to compete in day today’s challenge – filled universe.
- 2. Excel ever in their designation.
- 3. To be the achievers of their destiny.
- 4. Be the ideal for others.
- 5. To inculcate the abilities and inborn qualities so that they can shine as the best product of IGCSE.
Concept of IGCSE-UK Education:
IGCSE-UK stands for International General Certificate of Secondary Education. The globally accepted and approved pattern is slightly different from the curriculum that we are known about. The IGCSE-UK is a 10 Level program for students. The IGCSE-UK assessments are however conducted only by UK approved assessment boards in which Edexcel is one of the 5 boards by the government of UK to offer IGCSE-UK pattern in UK. The assessments that are conducted by IGCSE-UK Schools are not just written but include variety of tests like oral tests or even grading based on overall achievement. A practical approach is what one can find in this pattern. The grades are allocated to students based on their overall performance and they may vary from A+, A to G, where A+ is considered to be extraordinary performance and G would stand for Failure.
The examination board Edexcel offers its own version, the Edexcel IGCSE-UK:
Edexcel, formerly known as London Examination and the largest awarding body in the UK of academic and vocational qualifications, Formed over 100 years ago by a royal charter, is respected across the world as an advocate of quality educational standards. Edexcel board which is present in over 110 countries worldwide offers the IGCSE-UK and GCE AS & A level qualifications for schools. Edexcel is one of the 5 boards by the government of UK to offer IGCSE-UK’s and GCE’s in state funded schools in UK. Edexcel is one of the approved boards and an associate member of COBSE (Council of Boards of School Education in India).
The Edexcel International Primary and Secondary Curriculum: The Edexcel International Primary Curriculum is a world class curriculum to prepare children for the primary university of London examination at the end of 3rd and 5th year of study. One is aware that the teaching methodology is undergoing several changes world over. The present trend in our country too is to expose children to a curriculum which will make them much more competitive. The Edexcel curriculum gives a solid foundation for learning with a very structured curriculum. This curriculum provides an International bench mark of achievement with externally marked Achievement Tests at the end of the third and the fifth year. The curriculum comprises English, Math and Science for grade I to V.
Recruitment of Teachers:
The teachers for Orange British Academy – IGCSE, UK Pattern will be directly recruited by the Edexcel Organization. The teachers will be extraordinarily talented and skilled in subject and General Knowledge.
IGCSE – UK has been approved by:
- 1. An UK based board of education that offers IGCSE, A+ and A level.
- 2. An international Board of Education that is recognized by the Government of India.
- 3. A member of the Council of Board of School Education in India (http://www.cobse.org)
- 4. Recognized by the Association of Indian University (AIU – http://www.aiuweb.org)
- 5. Part of Pearson group and was formerly known as London Examinations.
- 6. One of the three International boards that are authorized to operate in India (the other two are IE and IB)
- 7. Dept. of secondary and Higher Education by Govt. of India.